Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
Do you stay on top of the trends in the marketing/digital space? Are you familiar with a variety of social channels and able to produce relevant and compelling social content that gets attention? Do you want to work with a fun but professional team to organize and drive outstanding results efficiently and on-time?
AMA Toronto is a not for profit community that helps marketers develop their careers. We are very active on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram. Social is the primary way we communicate about our events and promote ourselves as thought leaders in Canada on all things marketing related. How we portray ourselves through these channels is critical to our branding. As a Social Media Manager you will have opportunities to learn and grow as you work with a variety of our volunteers, showcase your skills, build your network and give back to the marketing community.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Managing 2 different verticals/pillars
- Supporting the Account Director, Social Media by executing the monthly social media plan including scheduling posts, engaging with fans online, responding to queries and live tweeting during events
- Supporting the events team in the lead-up and follow-up from our monthly events
- Helping promote AMA Toronto through thought leadership, supporting membership or other adhoc events
- Event support: Working along with the Events Manager and taking direction from the Account Director, Social Media to create social posts to promote upcoming events. Creating a few posts after the event to thank and summarize. This may include creating text based on the event brief and manipulating creative (images, photos) for the posts. Must be available to live tweet during monthly events once or twice a monthly in the evening (depending on the assigned vertical)
- Thought leadership: Curating relevant articles and creating posts to promote the themes of upcoming events, AMA Toronto’s content calendar and/or “in the news” marketing topics to enhance our profile as thought leaders in the marketing community.
- Reporting – doing post campaign analysis and reporting of KPIs for social campaigns
- Required Skills: Needs to have working knowledge of Hootsuite or willing to learn
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we’d love to speak with you. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your profile
If you are interested we’d love to speak with you.
Legendary Leader Tony Chapman’s Key Takeaways For Small Business: What Marketers Can Learn
If you’re looking for inspiration to boost your top or bottom line, then look no further than Tony Chapman’s 6-part video series, “Small Business Matters,” presented by RBC. Tony is one of the youngest individuals ever inducted into Canada’s Marketing Hall of Legends and served on this year’s selection committee.Read more >
The Importance of Mentorship in the face of COVID by David Kincaid
David Kincaid, the co-chair of the Mentor Exchange and a longtime mentor, opened the 11th year of the Mentor Exchange program providing his insight on the positive influence of the AMA mentorship program in the face of COVID to provide support in the Marketing community to manage change both professionally and personally.Read more >
Behind the Scenes: Volunteer Update October 2020 by Debbie Bolton
Volunteer update on recent and upcoming activities planned in the AMA community and how you can get involved as a volunteer. Kick-off of the 2020-21 Mentor Exchange plus our Volunteers of the Month: Wendy Greenwood and Marina Boulatova.Read more >