Why become a member volunteer?AMA volunteers have impact. They play an active part in Toronto’s business community, helping develop and deliver our programs. AMA has helped marketers connect, learn and grow to reach their potential for more than 60 years. AMA volunteers boost their careers. AMA opens doors. Our volunteers develop expertise and management skills, and their industry profile. Many of our volunteers have built their careers and their networks through AMA. AMA volunteers have fun in a multitude of ways. Our more than 45 volunteers are part of a fun and dedicated group that run our organization, plan and host events, develop and implement communications, interact with our members, partners and sponsors and work on special projects. There’s many ways to get involved.
Do you enjoy business development, account management and making connections in the business community? As an AMA Partnership Manager you will work with the VP and Director of Partnership and other AMA volunteers to recruit, lead and manage the partnerships that help AMA succeed. You will ensure your portfolio of partners benefit from their relationship with AMA Toronto and in turn deliver value for the chapter.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Identifying partners who are aligned with AMA’s strategic priorities
- Recommending and facilitating introductions to potential partners and helping drive pitch activities
- Collaborating with other AMA teams (such as communications, events, etc) to identify the needs for the relationship and setting the parameters for smooth execution of the partnership through AMA work-flow and deliverables
- Negotiating and closing agreements as well as contract renewals
- Supervising the management and execution of the agreements to make sure each party delivers on its commitments and is satisfied with the relationship
- Taking initiative to grow the partnership relationship
- Evaluating the relationship and provide recommendations to the VP and Director of Partnership
- Motivating volunteers to meet and exceed the partnership objectives
If you are interested we’d love to speak with you. Please contact Debbie.email@example.com
Reports to VP, Digital Content Strategy - Mark Vecchiarelli
We are seeking a savvy wordsmith to join our blogging team. Candidates must have a knack and love for writing, a comprehensive understanding of the industry, and experience in blogging to achieve organizational objectives. The blogger will be expected to sustain and develop the organization's voice across all blog content.
- Writing various types of articles on a wide range of topics for our blog.
- Providing feedback to other contributors, and editing other writers’ content.
- Optimizing content for search engines (SEO).
- Contributing to longform content projects such as blog series.
- Conducting analytical projects to improve blog strategies/tactics.
- Growing blog subscribers and expanding reach.
- A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our organization's mission.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our organization's various types of content.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently, managing projects and liaising with contributors.
- 2-3 years of marketing and content creation experience.
To apply, please résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also strongly encourage you to submit examples of your work, e.g. personal blog(s) and/or articles.